*garbage Lifting Resumes Across Punjab After Positive Talks With Unions: Harjot Singh Bains*

Aug1,2026 | | Ludhiana

*Bhagwant Mann Govt Implements Historic Decisions for Safai Sewaks & Sewer Men Across Punjab; Salaries of Safai Sewaks Doubled: Harjot Singh Bains*

*Fake Letters Were Spread to Mislead Safai Sewaks; Bhagwant Mann Govt's Decisions Will Benefit Thousands of Workers: Harjot Singh Bains*



*All Outsourced Safai Sewaks & Sewer Men Completing Three 3 Brought Under In-Sourcing Policy, To Receive ₹20,520 Monthly Salary From August 1: Harjot Singh Bains*

*Contractual Safai Sewaks Recruited in 2021 to Be Regularised, Broad Consensus Reached on Remaining Demands: Harjot Singh Bains*

*Unions Have Welcomed the Chief Minister's Decisions: Harjot Bains*

*Bhagwant Mann Govt Took Immediate Action in Barnala Case; SIT Is Ensuring Justice While Welfare of Safai Sewaks Remains Our Priority: Harjot Singh Bains*


Punjab Local Government Minister Harjot Singh Bains on Friday said that the Bhagwant Mann Government has implemented its historic decisions for Safai Sewaks and Sewer Men, ensuring better salaries, job security and dignity for sanitation workers across the state. He also dismissed as completely false and baseless the rumours claiming that new educational qualifications had been made mandatory for sanitation workers.

Addressing the media on Saturday, Local Government Minister Harjot Singh Bains said, “Certain mischievous elements have been circulating fake letters and spreading false rumours claiming that new educational qualifications have been made mandatory for sanitation workers. These claims are completely baseless and fake. The Punjab Government has already directed the Ludhiana Police to investigate those responsible for creating and circulating these forged letters with the intention of misleading and disturbing our respected Safai Sewaks.”

Highlighting the landmark decisions taken by the Bhagwant Singh Mann Government, the Cabinet Minister said, “All outsourced Safai Sewaks and Sewer Men who have completed three years of service have been brought under the Punjab Government’s in-sourcing policy. From August 1, they will receive the salary equivalent to a regular employee during the probation period, amounting to ₹20,520 per month. Around ₹17,000 will be received as in-hand salary, while approximately ₹3,600 per month will be deposited towards their savings and other benefits. This effectively doubles the salary many workers were previously receiving.”

He further said, “Sanitation workers recruited on contract in 2021 will also be regularised, fulfilling another major commitment of the Bhagwant Mann Government.”

Speaking about his meeting with sanitation workers’ unions, Harjot Singh Bains said, “I held extensive discussions with representatives of various sanitation workers’ unions in Ludhiana. While some issues related specifically to Ludhiana and others pertained to the rest of Punjab, the unions expressed gratitude to CM Bhagwant Singh Mann for the landmark decisions. Broad consensus has also been reached on the remaining demands, which will be taken up in another meeting scheduled for Monday.”

On the decision of the unions to resume sanitation services, the Local Government Minister stated, “Following the discussions, all unions have decided to resume garbage lifting and sanitation work across Punjab in the larger public interest. I thank all the unions for their cooperation. Uninterrupted sanitation services are essential, particularly during the monsoon season when the risk of the spread of diseases is high.”

Referring to the recent Barnala incident involving sanitation workers, Minister Harjot Singh Bains said, “CM Bhagwant Singh Mann took immediate and strict action. The concerned DSP was suspended immediately, while the police personnel posted at the concerned police station were transferred.”

He further informed, “A high-level Special Investigation Team (SIT), comprising the Divisional Commissioner, Patiala, and the DIG, Patiala Range, has already begun its investigation. Statements are being recorded, video evidence is being examined, compensation has been provided to the victims, and the SIT is probing the matter from both criminal and administrative angles to ensure justice.”

-garbage-Lifting-Resumes-Across-Punjab-After-Positive-Talks-With-Unions-Harjot-Singh-Bains-




Run by: WebHead
National Punjab International Sports Entertainment Health Business Women Crime Life style Media Politics Religious Technology Education Nri Defence Court Literature Citizen reporter Agriculture Environment Railway Weather Sikh Animal Pollution Accident Election Mc election 2017-18 Local body Art Litrature Financial Tax Happy birthday Marriage anniversary Transfer Lok sabha election-2019 Uttar pradesh Kisan andolan Haryana

About Us


Jagrati Lahar Editor Image

Jagrati Lahar is an English, Hindi and Punjabi language news paper as well as web portal. Since its launch, Jagrati Lahar has created a niche for itself for true and fast reporting among its readers in India.

Gautam Jalandhari (Editor)

Subscribe Us


Vists Counter

HITS : 51457966

Hindi news rss fee image RSS FEED

Address


Jagrati Lahar
Jalandhar Bypass Chowk, G T Road (West), Ludhiana - 141008.
Mobile: +91 161 5010161 Mobile: +91 81462 00161
Land Line: +91 161 5010161
Email: gautamk05@gmail.com, @: jagratilahar@gmail.com
Share your info with Us