*punjab Govt Approves ₹52 Crore Comprehensive Flood Protection Plan For Sutlej & Swan Rivers Belt: Harjot Singh Bains*

Feb14,2026 | Jagrati Lahar Bureau | Chandigarh

*Over 11,000-foot revetments to safeguard vulnerable villages in Sri Anandpur Sahib constituency: Harjot Singh Bains* *Works worth ₹52 crore tendered, ₹30 crore more in pipeline for flood protection projects: Harjot Singh Bains* *Safety of our people is non-negotiable, robust long-term flood protections underway before monsoon: Harjot Singh Bains* *Major revetment works sanctioned for Dasgrain, Harsa Bela, Mehndli Kalan, Agampur and Lodhipur villages: Harjot Singh Bains* CHANDIGARH, February 14: Punjab Education and Information & Public Relations Minister Harjot Singh Bains on Friday announced a comprehensive flood protection plan worth ₹52 crore for villages situated along the banks of the Sutlej and Swan rivers in Sri Anandpur Sahib constituency, stating that the Punjab Government led by Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann has fast-tracked permanent solutions for areas historically affected during the monsoon season. Sharing details of the ambitious plan, Punjab Education Minister Harjot Singh Bains said, “In a major relief for residents living along the banks of the Sutlej and Swan rivers in Sri Anandpur Sahib constituency, the Punjab Government has announced a comprehensive flood protection plan worth ₹52 crore to permanently secure several vulnerable villages that have historically faced the brunt of floods during monsoon season.” The Punjab Minister further stated, “The Bhagwant Mann government has expedited major flood protection infrastructure projects in the region. Works worth ₹52 crore have already been tendered and commenced, with physical construction set to gather pace within a fortnight. Additionally, the projects estimated at ₹30 crore are in the pipeline.” Emphasising the urgency of the initiative, he said, “The safety of our people is non-negotiable. Last year’s floods taught us a hard lesson. We are building robust, long-term protections.” Detailing the village-wise projects, Minister Harjot Singh Bains stated, “Dasgrain and Mahain villages will get a ₹1 crore revetment. Harsa Bela village, which saw successful ₹4.5 crore flood protection work last year, will receive ₹9 crore for construction of a 2,200-foot-long revetment with upgraded design specifications.” He added, “Mehndli Kalan village will get a new 1,800-foot-long revetment costing over ₹8.75 crore at the site where I personally served during last year’s rescue operations. Agampur village will see a massive 3,200-foot-long revetment worth ₹12 crore to safeguard the village and the bridge approaches.” Continuing with further details, he said, “A 700-foot-long revetment will be constructed with ₹7 crore at Burj village. Similarly, a 700-foot-long revetment with ₹3.5 crore will be constructed at Ajauli village, while Lodhipur village will be protected with a 2,000-foot-long revetment worth ₹9 crore.” He also informed, “In addition to these major sites, flood protection works are also underway or approved for Bhalan, Triveni Mandir, Nangran and other villages.” Highlighting the scale of the initiative, Minister Harjot Singh Bains noted, “The projects entail construction of revetments spanning over 11,000-foot. We have already completed significant groundwork and are committed to expanding this further based on local demands.” Reassuring residents ahead of the monsoon season, Minister Harjot Singh Bains stated, “I am personally monitoring the progress of these projects and I am determined to ensure foolproof flood protection works before the commencement of this monsoon.” --------------

Punjab-Govt-Approves-52-Crore-Comprehensive-Flood-Protection-Plan-For-Sutlej-Swan-Rivers-Belt-Harjot-Singh-Bains




Run by: WebHead
National Punjab International Sports Entertainment Health Business Women Crime Life style Media Politics Religious Technology Education Nri Defence Court Literature Citizen reporter Agriculture Environment Railway Weather Sikh Animal Pollution Accident Election Mc election 2017-18 Local body Art Litrature Financial Tax Happy birthday Marriage anniversary Transfer Lok sabha election-2019 Uttar pradesh Kisan andolan Haryana

About Us


Jagrati Lahar Editor Image

Jagrati Lahar is an English, Hindi and Punjabi language news paper as well as web portal. Since its launch, Jagrati Lahar has created a niche for itself for true and fast reporting among its readers in India.

Gautam Jalandhari (Editor)

Subscribe Us


Vists Counter

HITS : 49198601

Hindi news rss fee image RSS FEED

Address


Jagrati Lahar
Jalandhar Bypass Chowk, G T Road (West), Ludhiana - 141008.
Mobile: +91 161 5010161 Mobile: +91 81462 00161
Land Line: +91 161 5010161
Email: gautamk05@gmail.com, @: jagratilahar@gmail.com
Share your info with Us